In 2021, there were AI chatbots everywhere, serving as virtual assistants by replacing human agents. They are also getting more popular, used, and marketed. We’re aware of it. Our research found that almost 84% of all users had conversations with chatbots in the previous year. As chatbots become more and more popular, their capabilities continue to grow.
By 2022, chatbots were able to do a variety of tasks including scheduling appointments, ordering food, and even banking. This article discusses the future of chatbots and the key chatbot statistics for 2022 in customer interaction to improve your digital marketing sales.
Chatbot market size and adoption rate
In 2022 the chatbot industry will reach 721 million. This figure exceeded $ 3 billion in the first three months of the decade. The chatbot has been overwhelmingly adopted for small enterprises since the 1990s. It is easy to create a third-party chatbot using any chatbot-building platform. In other words, larger businesses tend to follow more strategic approaches. It requires them to create customized solutions in-house, and it prolongs the development time considerably.
What percentage of businesses use chatbots?
Today chatbot technology is being used in nearly all business sectors. It should also be worth looking into chat-bot usage in companies of all sizes too. Businesses can benefit from chatbot technology in many areas. However, we discovered that many smaller businesses would adopt technology more quickly than bigger businesses. Many businesses lack fewer resources or find ways to better contact their customers.
General chatbot statistics
Chatbot technology will be increasingly widespread and will become more widespread in 2022. Chatbot technology has a range of uses from customer service to human resources. It makes these products attractive to a variety of e-commerce businesses and b2b companies in real estate and even healthcare. Our surveys reveal that:
- The #1 benefit of chatbots is 24/7 support, thankfully, unlike humans, robots do not need sleep.
- Chatbot users are predicted to grow from 1.8 billion in 2022 to 4.5 billion by 2027
- The prospective chatbot market is predicted to witness an upsurge from $2.4 billion in 2022 to a whopping $11.9 billion by 2027, thereby indicating an enormous compound annual growth rate (CAGR).
- Chatbots are envisioned to be instrumental in enabling companies to conserve a staggering $8 billion per year by 2025 through customer service.
- Astonishingly, an overwhelmingly colossal 82% of survey respondents conveyed a preference for engaging with chatbots over human representatives for customer service.
- The average person has been reported to spend approximately 15 minutes daily interacting with chatbots.
- Based on such estimates, chatbots are slated to handle an incredible 95% of all customer service interactions by 2025.
- Moreover, as revealed by a survey, an impressive 36% of participants expressed a willingness to pay a higher price for a product if it was accompanied by a chatbot.
- The banking sector is likely to enjoy significant savings of $7.3 billion annually by 2030 with chatbots.
- Similarly, the healthcare industry is projected to save $5.8 billion per year by 2025 by utilizing chatbots.
- Impressively, 30% of the millennial cohort preferred engaging with chatbots rather than human counterparts.
- The vast majority of consumers, approximately 68%, find chatbots appealing due to their ability to provide swift responses, thereby increasing customer satisfaction
Chatbot Usage: User Statistics
The success of chatbots can be attributed to user statistics, a vital metric that showcases their efficacy. It is anticipated that by 2022, a staggering 1.8 billion individuals will be utilizing chatbots, a notable upswing from the 2017 figures of 350 million. This meteoric rise can be ascribed to the burgeoning popularity of chatbots as an exemplary customer service tool.
The bot user demographic presents an intriguing study, with young and affluent individuals predominantly making up the bulk of its users. In the upcoming year of 2022, approximately 71% of these chatbot enthusiasts will be under the age of 35, with a commendable 61% boasting an annual income of over $50,000.
Although chatbots have found considerable traction in North America and Europe, with adoption rates of 41% and 39%, respectively, Asia-Pacific lags far behind with a paltry 16% chatbot usage.
- In 2022, chatbots will handle an estimated 95% of all customer service inquiries
- This number is expected to grow to 98% by 2027
- In 2022, there will be 1.8 billion chatbot users
- This number will grow to 3.1 billion by 2023
- By 2024, there will be 4.5 billion chatbot users
- The number is said to reach over 6.1 billion by 2025
- In 2026, there is predicted to be 7.7 billion
- The number will then continue to reach a whopping 9.5 billion by 2027
The statistics pertaining to chatbots unequivocally signify their meteoric ascent and a foreboding forecast of an impending surge. The prevalent popularity of chatbots, attributable to their remarkable convenience and the ability to replicate human-like experiences, has propelled them to the vanguard of customer service and e-commerce. It comes as no surprise that their ubiquity is set to continue to scale unprecedented heights in the foreseeable future.
Chatbot Customer engagement statistics
The chatbot industry has been galloping ahead at a breakneck pace, manifesting a burgeoning penchant for AI chatbots in their customer service stratagems. As per estimations, by 2022, chatbot engagement is slated to escalate to a stupefying 87%, implying that a mind-boggling 87 out of every 100 customer service interactions will be deftly handled by chatbots.
The sheer enormity of this number is striking and underscores the pivotal role that chatbots are set to play in the customer service landscape. With the proliferation of chatbots exhibiting an upward trajectory, we can look forward to a concomitant surge in their adoption by businesses, who stand to reap the manifold benefits that they offer.
- Chatbot interactions will grow by 300% by 2022.
- There are said to be over 1 billion active chatbots by 2022.
- 30% of businesses will have a chatbot by 2022.
- 50% of all customer service interactions will be through chatbots by 2022.
- Chatbots will save businesses $8 billion per year by 2022.
- The average person will interact with a chatbot 10 times per day by 2022.
- 80% of people say they are more likely to do business with a company if they have a chatbot.
- 70% of people say they are more likely to buy from a company if they have a chatbot.
- Chatbots will handle 95% of all customer service inquiries by 2023.
- The global chatbot market will be worth $1.25 billion by 2025.
Chatbot statistics for customer service
Chatbots are already being used for customer service, and their popularity is only going to grow in the coming years popularly for their customer support and customer satisfaction. By 2022, it’s estimated that more than 85% of customer service interactions will be handled by chatbots because of the growing chatbot trends. This is because chatbots are incredibly efficient and can handle a high volume of requests.
What’s more, chatbots are available 24/7, so they can assist with customer requests at any time of day or night. And, thanks to artificial intelligence, chatbots are getting smarter all the time and can understand more complex questions.
- Chatbots are projected to handle 85% of customer service interactions by 2022.
- Chatbots will save businesses $8 billion per year by 2022.
- By 2027, chatbots will be able to handle 60% of customer service interactions.
- The average chatbot’s response time will be reduced to a speed of 0.2 seconds by 2022.
- Chatbots will handle 95% of all customer queries by 2027.
- The average American spends 3 hours and 42 minutes per day interacting with chatbots.
- 78% of Americans say they are likely to use a chatbot in the next year.
- 66% of consumers say they are more likely to do business with a company that offers chatbots.
- Chatbots will have an 80% success rate in understanding customer queries by 2022.
- By 2027, chatbots will be able to accomplish tasks that are currently handled by humans, such as scheduling appointments and making travel arrangements.
Customer preference chatbot statistics
The bot industry is a veritable behemoth, demonstrating a prodigious boom, with an irrefutable forecast of an even more monumental future. By 2022, it is prognosticated that an astronomical 1.8 billion active chatbots will be in operation, which is only set to escalate as AI chatbots grow in popularity among customers seeking exceptional customer support.
One of the key drivers for this explosive growth is the chatbots’ inherent proficiency in comprehending customer needs and providing superior customer service. The figures speak volumes, with an anticipated 95% of all customer service interactions slated to be handled by chatbots by 2022.
This pronounced transition towards chatbots is being led by customers who are displaying a palpable preference for chatbots over traditional communication channels like phone calls or emails. A sweeping survey of over 3,000 consumers has validated this growing trend, with a whopping 59% opining their predilection for chatbots over human customer service representatives.
- By 2022, it’s estimated that 80% of all businesses will be using chatbots to interact with their customers.
- In 2022, chatbots will be willingly used by 85% of customers.
- By 2027, it will only grow increasingly with 95% of customers interacting with chatbots.
- Chatbots are especially popular with millennials; 92% of millennials prefer to use chatbots over other customer service channels.
- In 2022, the most popular chatbot channels are Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, and WeChat.
- The average chatbot interaction is counted to last for 3 minutes and 10 seconds.
- In 2022, the average chatbot will have a 78% success rate in understanding customer queries.
- And by 2027, the average chatbot bar will raise to 95% success rate in understanding customer queries.
- In 2022, chatbots will handle 30% of all customer service queries.
- And by 2027, chatbots will handle a half, i.e 50% of all customer service queries.
- In 2022, the global chatbot market will be worth $1.34 billion. By 2027, it will be worth $3.02 billion.
Chatbot statistics for social media
AI Chatbots have become a hot commodity on social media platforms, surging in popularity as colossal audiences gravitate towards their utilization. The forecast is overwhelmingly positive, with projections estimating that there will be a gargantuan 2.5 billion active bot users on social media by 2022, with that number rising to a colossal 3.5 billion by 2027.
The exponential proliferation of chatbots on social media is attributed, in part, to the soaring vogue of messenger apps. These apps offer unparalleled convenience and facilitate facile communication with friends and businesses alike.
AI Chatbots are continually evolving, becoming increasingly sophisticated, and manifesting the ability to comprehend natural language and deliver responses that mirror human responses more closely. This enhances their utility for businesses and elevates the customer experience.
As AI chatbots gain greater traction and refinement, they will undoubtedly witness an enduring ascent in their popularity. This upswing in popularity will undoubtedly trigger more businesses embracing chatbots to connect with customers, while simultaneously inducing more people to adopt chatbots as their preferred tool to stay connected with friends and family.
- Chatbots are predicted to account for about 85% of all customer service interactions by 2023.
- The global chatbot market is forecasted to grow from $190 million in 2017 to $1.23 billion by 2023.
- Chatbot usage is also expected to grow by nearly a whopping 300% between 2022 and 2027.
- The average person is said to use chatbots more than 2,000 times per month.
- 66% of people say they are more likely to do business with a company that offers chatbots.
- 78% of people say they would rather use a chatbot than speak to a human customer service representative.
- Chatbots can resolve 70% of customer queries without needing to escalate to a human agent.
- 20% of all mobile app users say they would rather use a chatbot than a human agent for customer service.
- The healthcare industry is expected to save $8 billion per year by 2025 through the use of chatbots.
- The banking industry is expected to save $7.3 billion per year by 2023 through the use of chatbots.
Chatbots and Conversions
One of the main reasons for the growth of AI chatbots is that they can convert at a much higher rate than other forms of online communication. For example, a study by Drift found that chatbot conversions are 3-5 times higher than email conversions. This is because chatbots can provide a more personalized experience for users and can respond to inquiries in real-time.
As chatbots become increasingly pervasive in customer service and sales strategy, businesses are poised to integrate them more fervently, thereby leading to a conspicuous rise in chatbot conversions and a commensurately higher return on investment (ROI).
The concomitant surge in chatbot implementation is expected to significantly augment their efficacy in augmenting business performance, thereby revolutionizing the industry.
- In 2023, the chatbot industry is estimated and designed to grow at a rate of 30%.
- By 2023, there will also be about and over 1.5 billion active chatbots.
- In 2023, businesses are projected to invest over $10 billion in chatbot development and deployment.
- Chatbots are projected to handle over 70% of customer service interactions by 2023.
- By 2024, chatbots are expected to generate $8 billion in annual revenue.
- In 2025, 85% of all customer interactions will be taken care of chatbots alone.
- The global chatbot market is expected to reach $1.34 billion by 2025.
- The North American chatbot market is expected to reach $556 million by 2025.
- By 2026, the chatbot industry is projected to be worth over $19 billion.
- In 2027, the industry is expected to grow at a rate of 36%.
Key chatbot statistics in businesses
Businesses are competing in the market to bring out the most advanced features to their customers who use chatbots. A study by Drift found that, in 2017, 43% of businesses were using AI chatbots. By 2022, that number is expected to grow to 73%.
The ubiquity of AI chatbots in contemporary business has become an intriguing subject for discussion. Evidently, several reasons underpin the widespread adoption of chatbots by businesses.
Primarily, AI chatbots are an efficient method of automating customer service by rapidly answering common inquiries, thus freeing up your customer service team to tackle more intricate challenges.
Secondarily, AI chatbots can be instrumental in gathering customer data by tracking the questions they ask and the issues they face. Such data can be employed to enhance the quality of products and services, thereby contributing to an optimal customer experience.
Furthermore, AI chatbots can aid in establishing a strong customer rapport by providing helpful information and engaging in conversation, thereby building relationships that foster customer loyalty.
Predictably, the future of AI chatbots is highly promising. The rate of chatbot proliferation is expected to grow exponentially, with Juniper Research forecasting a surge from 8 billion in 2019 to a staggering 27 billion by 2024. Such unprecedented growth will be propelled by an increased reliance on chatbots in businesses and the continued advancement of artificial intelligence (AI).
- 85% of businesses will use chatbots to automate customer support in 2022
- Chatbots will have a 90% success rate in automating customer support in 2022
- Chatbot usage will grow to 95% of businesses for automating customer support by 2027
- 70% of businesses will use chatbots for marketing in 2022
- Chatbot usage will triple by 2023
- 79% of businesses will use chatbots by 2023, saving $8 billion and generating $44 billion in revenue
- The average chatbot interaction will last 3 minutes and 10 seconds by 2023
- Total chatbot interactions will reach 2.6 billion by 2023
- B2C chatbots will account for $23 billion in revenue by 2023
- Chatbots will handle 85% of customer interactions by 2024 and over 85% by 2025
- Chatbot usage will grow to 95% of businesses for automating marketing tasks by 2027
- Chatbots will be used by 60% of businesses for automating human resources tasks by 2027.
AI Chatbots Predictions
The prospects for AI chatbots are indeed exceedingly bright. In 2022, there will be a staggering 1.8 billion active chatbots, which is projected to skyrocket to a whopping 4.5 billion by 2027.
Several factors have propelled this phenomenal growth. For one, AI chatbots are becoming increasingly sophisticated and can handle more intricate tasks. Consequently, they have become more useful to both businesses and consumers.
The economical investment required to develop chatbots has witnessed a descent, thereby elevating the feasibility of creating AI chatbots for businesses of varying sizes. The lower developmental costs grant businesses the possibility to capitalize on the immense potential of AI chatbots, which in turn empowers them to fabricate customer experiences that transcend the limits of mediocrity.
Moreover, the meteoric rise in the demand for messaging applications has surged to an unprecedented level, with the quantity of active users exceeding a staggering three billion in 2018, a figure that is anticipated to triple by the year 2023. This presents a giant opening for businesses to wield AI chatbots as an effective conduit to establish communication with their customers and prospects alike.
In light of these developments, it’s not surprising that consumers prefer AI chatbots over human agents, heralding AI chatbots as the future of customer service. They are economical, efficient, and convenient, with limitless potential for future growth and advancement.
- Chatbots will be increasingly used in businesses to improve customer relations
- Health care will utilize chatbots for providing advice and support to patients
- The education sector will use chatbots to provide support and guidance to students
- Chatbots will become more realistic and humanlike in the future
- By 2027, chatbots will be able to understand human emotions and respond in a way that makes the user feel understood.
How big is the chatbot industry?
The chatbot market is predicted by the conditions of trade in the market to grow by 12% by 2024. It is forecast that sales by consumers via chatbots will surpass the 2018 total. Consumers demand 24/7 help to assist the entire family with everything from banking to finances to healthcare.
Do customers like AI chatbots?
Although consumers are hesitant when talking to a representative, AI chatbots can also reduce service charges by 30%. The speedy response time of the company and the capability to handle simple queries remains significant and effective and the product is also able to perform well. Chatbots do nothing to replace humans, and certainly do take away some stress.
How big is the chatbot market?
Market overviews. Chatbot sales will grow from 17.17 billion to 108 billion in 2026, with the market registering a 34.75% CAGR from 2026 to 2025.
The AI Chatbot industry is booming and will only continue to grow in the coming years. By 2022, it is estimated that there will be over 8 billion active chatbots. This number is expected to more than double by 2027, reaching over 18 billion active chatbots. As businesses race to adopt this new technology, consumers are sure to reap the benefits in the form of improved customer service, more personalized experiences, and faster responses to their inquiries.
So what do these chatbot statistics mean for businesses and consumers? First, businesses need to start developing a chatbot strategy if they haven’t already. Second, consumers can expect more and more businesses to adopt AI chatbots in the coming years, so they should be prepared to interact with them. Finally, everyone should keep an eye on the developments in the bot industry, and the various chatbot trends as it is sure to have a major impact on our lives in the years to come.
Do you want to stay up-to-date on the latest chatbot statistics? Then be sure to visit us at 12 channels. We’ll keep you posted on all the latest chatbots.